So, this warp got wound on the back beam yesterday, threaded and then just late this afternoon I had time to tie on the front beam and start weaving. Still some hiccups like the loom deciding all of a sudden it's not raising harnesses anymore, not sure what's up with that but I got past it by rebooting the program, a few other hiccups that stopped me in my tracks too so I never got in a real rhythm until the last couple of inches so I'm not entirely satisfied with my beat, it's not perfectly even.
So, what's on the loom for my first project - a warp for three scarves in Bambu 7, not positive the colors for the next two scarves, maybe a copper weft for one, maybe purple or chartruese for the other....will decide when I get there. I found this draft in the Complex Weavers Book that comes with a CD of the drafts. This was originally Horizontal Ribbons (sorry, can't remember the designer's name right now and I'm too lazy to walk downstairs to the studio) which I turned in the Weave Point software to make Vertical Ribbons. In the turning it went from 24 harnesses to 32 harnesses.
Eventually I'll get to learning more about designing my own drafts in Weave Point but for now I'll be searching for others published patterns to weave. Learning the software and designing will take a while.
This loom is still a challenge, I get past one quality/defect/lack of documentation hurdle and another pops up....am hoping that soon all the bugs will be worked out/replaced/repaired so my only challenges are the ones I create myself! Melody, my in the field AVL techie, is incredible - when I write with a question she gets right back to me....last night she even polled other AVL weavers to find an answer to my question which solves a problem for her too, I guess we'll all learn together......although it would be really nice to have a good manual with the basics.