Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm still here........

I'm still here......it feels like forever since I posted although it's only been a week and a half. I made two trips to the coast during this time so much of my time was spent there rather than weaving, spinning or knitting. I'm ready to get back to the studio this week.

One project I have been working on is Flat Stanley for my neice Anna back in Maryland. Flat Stanley arrived here folded up in an envelope with the story of how he was flattened by a bulletin board and can now travel easily all over the world. So, I took Flat Stanley all over Southwest Oregon to see the sites and put together a long report with many pictures to send back with him along with gummy candies from the coast for the entire 3rd grade class. Flat Stanley spent time here in Grants Pass going to Wildlife Images (wildlife rehab center), on a jet boat ride, river rafting, he also went to Crater Lake, Ashland, Jacksonville, Oregon Caves, The Oregon Vortex, California Redwoods, local farms and to the coast where he got to see the tall ships on their way up to Canada. Phew, I'm glad this project is finished up other than picking up a pile of brochures at the Visitor's Center and mailing it back.....this project and doing taxes have kept me out of the studio......but now both are done so it's time to play with fiber again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!