Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A little bling goes a long way........

I thought I'd finish the blingy bra today but no go.........definitely tomorrow........
I started with the beaded drop fringe along the bottom of the bra....seed beads, bugle beads, glass beads and crystals......
Then I moved to adding couched beads along the top edge.....seed beads, glass beads and pearls....
Then to decorate the center with glass buttons, seed beads, crytals, pearls and sequins......I decided once finishing this I had enough bling......I could have easily kept going but really didn't want to cover up my handwoven fabric.....
Pinning the satin lining in, this step took forever..........
I started handsewing the lining in, a tedious job trying to avoid tangling the thread around the beaded fringe. I got to the other end and realized that I really needed to take out all the top pins and repin, way too much slack in the lining. By this time my shoulders and neck are aching, time to stop for the day, will finish up tomorrow and unveil the finished project.........

5 comments:

  1. oh my!!!! I keep thinking how many times I would have poked myself...it's looking so GREAT tho!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do on it tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's spectacular Cindie! Love it. The beading looks beautiful and really makes it quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous but definitely a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone asked about beading fringe on handwovens after the fact and I had to search back for this to point it out! It is such an awesome project, and I love reading the whole saga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! And I use beaded fringes on my handwoven scarves quite often.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!