Friday, April 13, 2012

Birch leaves revamped....

Last night I decided to sit down with the laptop and rework the birch leaves draft I had downloaded from handweaving.net. I took out the crepe weave background and replaced it with a 1/3 twill. It probably took me longer than it should have since I don't know the shortcuts but that's ok, it's all a learning process. I think it looks much better, what do you think?
After I wove a scarf using the new draft I then reworked it again taking out some of the rows of 1/3 twill in-between the leaves. I'm now starting to think about the gingko leaf and dragonfly drafts I'd like to design, I want to do some more playing in the software first though.

5 comments:

  1. ok - this post has left me gasping with shaft envy. Those leaves on the twill background are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! I bet it's so fun to weave and see those leaves come together, row by row. Dragonflies are a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This version is much better, I like that we can actually see the birch leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't do that on four shafts. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!