Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Scarves to be..........
I should be dyeing roving, weather has actually cooled and overcast, not good roving drying weather, not to mention I'm just not in the mood to schlep and set up for dyeing this week. So today I'll wind a warp for 2 scarves using the handspun mystery fiber above (it must have merino and silk in it) and some black commercial alpaca. I don't often weave scarves in wool but have been looking at my handspun stash and decided some of the small bits should be utilized. This handspun was spindle spun.
We spent the weekend on the coast, absolutely beautiful sunny weather, upper 60's. It was cooler here in the valley too which held the fire at bay. Temps are coming back up again though so they'll start doing more back burning on the north side of the fire this week. It's still listed as high for growth potential - just turns my stomach since it's due west of us, not close enough for immediate danger but close enough to possibly be a danger if it blows up with the heat returning. The incident command center and firefighter's tent city (900+) moved up here just 3 1/2 miles from the house since the north side is where all the activity is now.....roads are brimming full of firefighters and equipment. 7:20 this morning 2 small copters went buzzing over quickly, not sure what that was about, not the bucket toting copters.