Sunday, August 22, 2010

County fair recovery

I feel like a truck has hit me after spinning at the county fair for the past five days. We all had such a good time visiting with the public and with each other at the fair but I'm sure glad not to be sitting on one of those metal folding chairs anymore! Today is recovery day getting weekend fiber orders ready to ship and possibly taking pictures of new handwoven scarves to list in the etsy shop. I desperately need to work in the flower beds but the back won't allow it after the week at the fair........there's always tomorrow.

The forest fire keeps growing but it's really very controlled....well, the occasional blow-up occurs but it's been happening within the lines being formed. All the fire fighters are doing a great job with containment lines and controlled back burning. Of course with that back burning comes more smoke and yesterday morning my windshield was covered with ash.....although hard to tell from all the dirt and dust from the fair parking lot. So far this morning it's clear over our house, maybe the wind is blowing the other direction.

No pictures today but two announcements to make that may be of interest to those here in Southern Oregon/Northern California.

First I will be teaching another beginning drop spindle class at Llamas & Llambs Boutique in Jacksonville, OR on October 28th from 1pm-4pm. Cost is $35 per person, cd spindle, fiber and handout included. Please contact the shop to sign up at 899-9141.

Second, there is a Fiber Farm Festival coming up next Saturday. Unfortunately I already had plans when it was organized so I can't be there selling my wares, but I have it on my calendar for next year. It sounds like a very fun event, my friend Karen from Liongate Farm is pulling it together.

First Annual Fiber Farm Festival
Craft & Fiber Artisans
August 28th 9am-6pm
14314 East Evans Creek Rd., Rogue River, OR (there will be sheep signs showing the way)

Meet your talented local fiber artists and producers
Wander through the fiber farm merchandise. Includes raw and processed fibers, yarn, fiber arts and crafts, pelts, felted art, folk art, sewn items, farm produce and more.
Experience the demonstrations. Spinning, felting, carding, knitting, rope making and more
Be inspired!
Enjoy the farm atmosphere
Relax and work on your projects with us (or enjoy your new stuff)
Enjoy a snack from the starving college students refreshments

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!