Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tidal wave socks

Yes, I am weaving but I'm weaving a white on white scarf, advancing twill weave structure in merino/seacell but it just won't show up in a photo so I'm not posting it. I'm also knitting, usually in the evenings. These are my Tidal Wave Sox, pattern by SWTC (Southwest Trading Company), fiber is also by SWTC called Tofutsies which is a blend of 50% superwash wool, 25% soysilk, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% chitin. Chitin is a fiber from shrimp and crab shells, label says it's "naturally antibacterial"......all I care is that it doesn't smell like shrimp and crab shells!

I also recently knit a pair of yoga sox - heel & toe missing but they'll keep the center of my foot and ankles warm during yoga practice. Jury is still out on them, wore them for the first time Monday and they moved around too much, was thinking maybe take some stitches out on the next pair. Machine washed & dried them so they shrunk a bit, fit better this morning but still not perfect. Maybe putting ribbing along the arch of my foot would help........will give that a try with the next pair. Will have to take a picture of them at some point to post.