Thursday, August 13, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Bread

Ok, so this is a terrible pic but this lemon blueberry bread is the best. I've been wanting to make it for a few weeks but either I'd have blueberries and no lemons, or I'd have lemons and no blueberries........finally yesterday the stars aligned and I had both.  I think I originally got this recipe out of a Country magazine years ago but don't quote me on that.  I bet it would be good with fresh raspberries too.

Lemon Blueberry Bread

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
3 tbs lemon juice
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbs grated lemon peel
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Glaze: 2 tbs lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar

In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, juice and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternating with milk. Fold in peel and blueberries. Pour into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Remove bread from pan and drizzle with glaze. Cool on wire rack.

Notes - when I made this yesterday 2 lemons gave me exactly the amount of juice I needed but that will vary depending on your lemons.  Also in my convection oven it only took 50 minutes to bake.

Hmm, still have more blueberries.......think I need to pick up a couple more lemons.........



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!