Monday, August 3, 2015

Another shawl

Forgot to take a photo of another handwoven shawl.  This one is using the same county fair challenge handspun yarn as the knit shawl I did earlier this summer.  I had extra so I figured I'd weave a shawl to add to our fair display.  Unfortunately I didn't capture the color quite right but that's life......I'm certainly not a photographer. I haven't decided if I'm keeping this shawl or not since I have the knit one in the same colors - it would be nice to leave over on the coast to use there......will be giving it thought........

I haven't complained about the fires in at least a day or so - there's now one a bit NW of us in Kelsey Creek. I heard the heavy copters heading out this morning, there are crews on it. I haven't heard any updates but am hoping they jumped on this one before it blows up out of conrol like the one to the NE of us, the Stout Fire - the terrain and winds are beating the heck out of those fire fighters. The worst thing for the past few days is the smoke - sinus headaches abound.  We're getting the smoke down low in the atmosphere from the Stout Fire - getting it higher in the atmosphere from the fires in Northern California. Have I said lately that I hate fire season??? 


3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with any of those pictures.... great job. :)
    Surpassed only by the gorgeous shawls....
    You have been busy!

    Thank you for the shawls that arrived in my mail box too.... just in time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beauty Cindie! Such a handsome piece. Oh god yes, the smoke, the lightening, the idiot hikers and campers out in the woods. I'm ready to be done with fire season too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!