Wednesday, February 26, 2014

You get what you pay for...........

Well, I have learned that with an employee I get what I pay for.......a gold bricking shipping/receiving/inventory control employee........Sam gets no compensation for his work which is why he was outside working on the property in (fluke) almost 70 degree weather and I was inside weighing, bagging, labeling wool roving, putting it into inventory records and then listing it in the etsy shop....oh, and there are many new colorways so add photography to that list. I spent the better part of two days working on this. Hmm, going to have to re-evaluate this arrangement.......maybe a little incentive so I get to spend time at the loom instead.

Here is a new line of roving from Ashland Bay Fibers called  Color Fusion - it's a Superfine Merino, 19 micron, and is beautiful. It's hard to capture the color variations in some of the colors but I did my best. These are in the Superfine Merino section of my shop (or mixed in by color with everything else if one browses the shop page by page).  I can't wait to spin up sample mini-skeins of this in the next few days to see the color once spun, it's a perfect wool roving for for nuno felting since it's so fine.  I'm going to put together a sampler kit of this line but probably won't get to that until next week.


Here are 9 new colors of the regular Merino roving, some really nice colors to add to the already huge line of this wool. They can be found in the Merino Section of my shop, or mixed in by colorway if one browses page by page.  I get to spin up samples of these new colors too. It's a time consuming job but oh, so fun to spin small amounts of many colors.  Now I need to figure out what to do with all the mini-skeins of discontinued colors or my sold out hand-dyed colorways as they're no longer pertinent.....maybe adding small bits of color to knitting projects? maybe to decorate gift boxes? I'll come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!