Friday, November 1, 2013

This and that..........


Working on this and that today......dealing with fiber orders to get out, bookkeeping, laundry, tags and packaging for this year's inklings (the one group of gifts that's just about finished), blocking knitted items......part of one is above but can't show the rest of it as they are gifts........hmm, looks like I need to go adjust a couple pins.......

Still feeling like I'm treading water and the arms & legs are tiring........need to find balance in my life, not a new thought, just not good at following through. Not sure how I'll get gifts done this year, some I don't even know what I'm doing.....wondering if handmade holiday cards will get out by the time the holidays come.........  Anyone else feeling overwhelmed??? Maybe next year I can slow down so I actually get the house decorated and can sit down with my cup of tea in front of the fire and enjoy it.......I already know I won't have time for any decorating this year other than a wreath on the gate.

Oh, and the excitement for the day - catching a baby blue skink (lizard) that was determined to go downstairs to the studio - I was running after him down the stairs trying to catch him, fast little bugger.....and Bailey wanted to help as he's fascinated by the lizards out in the front yard. Finally I got him under a cup and relocated him outside.....he must have snuck in when I had the front door open yesterday afternoon.





1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Cindie! Time moves at unimaginable speed, yet little gets done. I have no idea what I can get done before the holidays, but I'm pretty sure it's not a lot. We need to learn to give ourselves permission to slow down and enjoy a bit, since the freight train that is time will whiz by no matter what we do.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!