Monday, August 26, 2013

All in a day's work......


The temperature was below 90 today so I decided to do some dyeing, below 80 is even better for me but that's not going to happen for a while. This is all merino - 11 1/2 pounds of it. Fellow guild member Lucy came over to see my set-up and how I do my dyeing - I warned her it was not scientific (like how I started a number of years ago) but 'by the seat of my pants' dyeing and I'm having so much more fun with it. Lucy helped put some dye on roving and rinse and hang some fiber while here. I was trying for 2 custom colorways on the right, maybe the blue is ok, but the other definitely isn't - I've told that customer I am not a custom dyer so I may not be able to get what she wants. I like everything that was dyed today. I can't wait to spin up baby sample skeins of these.  Maybe tomorrow will be another dye day.........

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's awesome! I love them all,even the one that didn't turn out like you wanted. I tried dyeing with sycamore bark this weekend to get red, but got a lovely shade of tan. Huh? I'll try a different sycamore tree and boil it a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindie your color sense is right on target, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all pretty, but I love that multi-colored one in the middle. I can't wait to see it spun up.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!