Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New products unveiled.....

New product development going on here - been thinking on it for a month or so, bought the perfect containers, now in production mode. Yesterday I put together 24 of these felting/spinning kits in these 6"x6" plastic cubes in 3 colorways. I've got 3 more colorways ready to be packaged but probably won't get to them today. I was making these with nuno-felters in mind as they don't want huge amounts of each color so with this they get approximately 1oz of 8 different colors of merino solid, merino multi-colored and merino/tussah roving.......but they're great for spinners too who would like to blend coordinating colors. Being a spinner myself I know I would buy something as pretty looking as these. I'm still working on a name for the kit but have names for the colorways figured out. A bonus is the cute plastic box that can be recycled to use as a gift box - perfect to hold a handwoven or knitted gift.

Purple People Eater



Sand in my Shoes


Ruby Slippers
The names of the other 3 colorways are Blue Bayou, Down to Earth and Green with Envy. I'll start out with these 6 and decide later if I'll add a couple more. Need to see if they sell first. I think they'll sell well locally at Fiber Mania in November, will start listing them in my etsy shop as soon as I finish them all up....or as soon as I figure out a name.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! And until you open them, you can keep them in your living room as art.

    I noticed that the latest Etsy Success newsletter was asking for tips and cool ideas for packaging. Maybe you should tell them about your cubes. Here's the article:

    http://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/10703649/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!