Sunday, July 3, 2011

Crocheted scarf in progress....

I don't crochet very often but it's really the first playing with yarn I had ever done, my grandmother taught me when I was very young, she left-handed, started the project, handed it to me and somehow I learned right-handed. This scarf is called the Crocheted Mesh Scarf by Heidi Hirtle. I saw a scarf like this but then couldn't find where that was so I went looking on Ravelry for something similar, this is a free pattern. I'm using her basic instructions but have changed the width of mine and will continue crocheting for a much longer scarf than hers. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do my handspun justice, it's got lots of deep purple and orange in it, spun from a corriedale cross hand-dyed roving. When blocked these will be nice orderly little rectangular windows, not skewed like it looks in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I am ganga from India. My grandma taught me crochet when i was a kid which i don't even remember how to now. This blog post reminded me of those days with my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me those days :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!