Thursday, May 26, 2011

All in a day's work......or play........

Today I spent a little time at the serger - this pattern bought at Sewing Expo by my friend Kathy is for a wrap/shawl that's cut in a kind of spiral and then just serged on the raw edges. It's really hard to show the drape and ruffly effect on the mannequin but I tried. The fabric is a sheer. I was going to start another type of serged edge sheer vest/cape pattern but as I laid out the fabric and the pattern piece didn't fit I found that I needed 58-60" wide fabric and mine was only 45" wide - oh well........wasn't bought for this project so it will be used for the original top and the shawl/cape pattern will have to wait until I find another fabric.


 So, then it was on to playing with jewelry. I put together 2 charm bracelets, pendants and many earrings.....notice the coastal theme? The teal ones in the bottom right corner are actually swarovski crystal starfish. The hearts are silver charms I bought from a bead shop in Port Townsend almost 5 years ago.....time to make the bracelet!
Above are cloisonne pieces that I put together with swarovski crystals for pendants & earrings. The cloisonne pieces are by Gita Maria, beautiful work.....have had these for a few years too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!