Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dye Day

My mental health therapy since Tuesday has been to fondle fiber. I spent a quiet day weighing out fiber to dye as well as around 25 pounds of Ashland Bay colorways that needed to be weighed, bagged and labeled. Since the weather was lovely today I decided to start dyeing the 22 pounds of Falkland I weighed out - this is around half of it. Of course the day started out with not being able to find any of my 5 gallon buckets - took 45 minutes of digging around the garage and storage areas to find them. These colorways are special orders, although I dye more than what I needed for the orders, these are popular colorways that keep selling out. From the left is Bering Sea, Purple Sage and then on the rack that the wind knocked down is Penelope. I took this picture from the deck because I was way too tired to walk down the stairs again and what do I see but the rack on the ground......I thought about walking down to set it up again but I knew Sam would be home within 15 minutes and he would do it when he saw it! Tomorrow I'll dye the rest of the Falkland - not sure about colors yet, might have to go bright after the subdued colors of today. There's much more to dye but the temps are supposed to head up close to 100 so they may have to wait a bit: Polwarth, BlueFace/Tussah, Merino/Bamboo, Merino/Tencel, Merino/Tussah and Panda which is Superwash Merino/Bamboo/Nylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!