Saturday, May 26, 2018

Spinning Wheel for Sale


I'm moving so this beautiful wheel must go, I just won't have room for it. I had been asking $275 for it but will entertain any reasonable offer.

Beautiful Saxony Flax Wheel with Distaff. I was told when I bought this that it is a Country Craftsman wheel. I have not found any identification on it and am not sure if they were signed or not so I can't verify this.

I've only been using this wheel as décor but it spins beautifully.

The original Country Craftsman wheels were made by Jerome Rooney starting in 1969. He patterned the wheel after a 1700 Saxony flax wheel. The earliest of his wheels were made with 13 spokes, this one has 12 spokes and is thought to be from the early 70's. Joseph Franzek started working with Rooney in 1972. When Rooney retired in 1982 Franzek took over the business. He built and sol the wheels until 2003 when he retired.

The wheel comes with 3 original bobbins. The threading hook and lazy kate are not original, the lazy kate is a newer Kromski stained to match the wheel.

Must be picked up in Grants Pass/Merlin area. I will not ship so please don't ask. Please don't contact me if you're going to try and scam me - it won't work, I will not answer the email. Cash only, local in person pick-up.

I had been asking $275 - if you're interested make me a reasonable offer, this wheel needs a new home asap so I don't have to move it. I can be contacted at cindiesam at yahoo dot com




1 comment:

  1. It's a beauty Cindie! I'm sure she'll find a home quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!