Monday, May 21, 2018

Hanging in there...........

I finally decided to knit the 'Be Simple Variations' asymmetrical shawlette using the 12 Days of Christmas handspun. It will be interesting to see how it turns out as it goes from color to color. It will also be interesting to see how big it ends up. I knit this shawlette using fingering weight yarn but this is more worsted size knit on bigger needles. I'm hoping it turns out big enough or I'll be ripping it out and trying something else. I am knitting on this when I'm not totally exhausted in the evening.

I'm hanging in there with the house buying project although I'm overwhelmed at times......many times. If all goes well we will be signing papers on the new house this week. I finally finished going through the entire house as I refuse to box up and move things I haven't used since we moved to this house 15 years ago. I've started packing so the house shows better............as in packing the weaving and sewing/crafts rooms as the rest of the house shows just fine. We have some work to do on the deck which Sam has started. Not sure when we'll get this house listed but am hoping it's in the not too distant future as we don't want to have an extra house for very long.

I've heard interesting comments from those around me about our move. Friends are feeling bad for us because we're downsizing - huh??? The new house is only a tiny big smaller so I wouldn't call that downsizing, we are downsizing from acreage to a neighborhood and no one should feel bad for us over that - it's what we want to do, it's a choice, we don't have to move, we can stay right where we are but we are ready to take care of less and have more time for the things that are important to us like weaving, spinning, quilting, sewing, beading, knitting, golfing, fishing, walking on the beach, etc, etc, etc.....   So dear friends, if you read this, please stop making those comments as it's starting to get on my nerves. Other than having to go through all the pains of buying and selling, which seem to be much worse this time than ever before, we're very happy...........we're both thinking about now that we don't ever want to move again but who knows what the future holds......


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty start--I've been hoping to see something knit with the 12 Days of Christmas yarn! I hope the shawlette ends up big enuf and makes you happy.

    I'm sure you will love your new house and your reduced yard work, and that your current one sells soon so you don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...will anxiously await more posts about that shawl!

    I haven't missed for one second the reduced workload of going from a rural country home with lots of property to a city neighborhood with a small lot. Trust you'll love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the move! I hope your new house brings much comfort & more free time. Will you be staying in the same area or closer to GP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're moving closer to town (GP). Nice to hear from you Rhonda.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!