Saturday, February 3, 2018

Finally.......something on the loom......

 It's been a while but this afternoon I put a painted warp on the loom. This one a cotton/rayon blend. Here I've got it wound on the back beam. I've got 4 or 5 painted warps in the studio that have sat neglected for a couple years - not sure why other than the fact that they all seem to be autumn colors and I haven't been in the mood to weave those colors.


Threading the heddles

Auditioning wefts, not the green at the bottom, that was just waste yarn to spread out the warp. Will think on this a bit longer before deciding which 3 I'll use, or maybe just 2 of them making 2 of the 3 scarves the same.......don't have to decide that tonight.


3 comments:

  1. From the bottom (including that green), I like weft #2, 3, & 4. For whatever that's worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, I like #2,3,4 & 5 - 3 & 5 in the photo look similar but 3 is more mauvey/rust. #6 in the photo is boring but in person it's lovely.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!