Friday, July 8, 2016

Rain!!!

 I woke up to rain overnight - it sounded so lovely and what a welcome relief, at least for a few days, during fire season. We don't usually get rain in the summer - it stops raining sometime in May/early June and doesn't restart again until late September or early October. I don't care for the humidity that came with it but it's also cool out so it's not bad at all.........and I'll take just a bit of humidity in exchange for a nice break from the dry brittle weather.


Cousin Jim gave me some apricots from his neighbor's tree so yesterday I made a batch of apricot jam. These apricots were incredible to just pop in my mouth, tree ripened.



1 comment:

  1. And I've been having a tough time finding apricots at all here. Maybe tomorrow at the market? Rain here too, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!