Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New weaving underway

The new weaving underway is for baby blankets. A family member is possibly interested in one but doesn't know yet if it's a boy or girl..........I'm going to need one after the beginning of the year (boy or girl???) as a gift and my only baby blanket in stock is the same as one I already gave the new mother 18 months ago. And I always need baby blankets in stock to sell.  So, a good time to weave baby blankets. It's hard to tell in the photo but this is a very pale peach and a very pale pink window pane check.  Next warp up with be green and blue window pane check. Very simple weaving with no floats for baby's fingers to get caught in.


5 comments:

  1. Cindie, do you mind telling us what size you are making your lovely baby blankets. I have to purchase yarn for a couple in the next day or two. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianne, I generally make my baby blankets anywhere 36-38" in the reed and weave them 44" long which includes enough for the hem. These are actually a bit narrower, not on purpose, but on account that as I was listening to a book on CD I wasn't paying attention and left off the last stripe! I don't know what a 'standard' size is for a baby blanket but I like this size.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, that's very helpful. I asked my daughter if I should make an extra one and she just raised her wine glass and said cheers :(

      Delete
  2. Oh won't those be appreciated! Pretty colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect little blankies for little ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!