Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A bit of weaving.......

We spent the past 6 days on the coast - absolutely lovely weather, sunny, cool and windy.....could have been a bit less wind but I'm not complaining because it's so much hotter here in the valley. I did some reading, some relaxing, some spinning , some weaving and some of lots of other fun things.  This morning before we headed home we went to a blueberry farm south of our beach town and picked over 18 pounds of blueberries........not sure how many we ate while picking.  Blueberry jam is on the schedule for tomorrow, I think I've got enough sugar for at least 2 batches. Will freeze blueberries but since I have a couple lemons I might have to make some blueberry lemon bread.


 I got back to weaving on the false damask warp I had started weaving last time over, just love this weave structure for towels......


......here they are in a cheery yellow


Since I finished up that warp and am still on a kick to use up my cottolin stash I put on another towel warp in the same draft but this time I was using up odds and ends of spools that were getting low. I've got 4 different colors I'll use for wefts on these 10 towels. These look pretty orange in the photo but there's no orange in them at all - mauves, pinks and a little lavender. I think after this there's enough cottolin left for another mixed color towel warp.....not sure what weave structure yet. After that I'll move on to something new on that loom.


Bailey is exhausted after his time on the coast. The neighborhood was hopping so he sat out on the front porch watching and never got his naps. He was especially interested in watching the kids play baseball across the street, and then later the kids next door shooting off fireworks. But the highlight of his time on the coast was getting this new football at the parade on the 4th. We sat on the curb and he watched the parade, watched all the kids running out into the street to get the candy and toys being thrown. But then a bus from Bandon Dunes golf resort went by and threw out this little football - no kid had a chance, it was coming right at Bailey and he jumped up and grabbed it. Go figure why a one of the top golf resorts in the world threw out a handful of footballs but Bailey was happy they did.

4 comments:

  1. Great weaving Cindie. I'm looking at false damask for the Gilmore's next warp.
    They threw out footballs because everyone knows summer filled with JUST golf, tennis and baseball is a wasteland. Football season cannot get here fast enough. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey is a kid and deserved to have a toy too! Way to go Bailey. Your days at the coast sound wonderful and relaxing. Love the towel warps you have been working on, beautiful choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time at the coast! That's a LOT of blueberries! Beautiful weaving, as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!