Monday, November 24, 2014

Baby blanket........

Even though I don't have much time for weaving right now I did eek out some time to plan a baby blanket warp this afternoon. I need one for a gift in January, will have two to sell. This warp will be woven out of 3/2 perle cotton.  Years ago I used to weave a lot of baby blankets for sale and used softball cotton because I loved the soft squishy feel. Even though I have some left I don't know as if I have enough for this project...........and I have tons of 3/2 perle cotton I rarely use so this seemed like a good project to empty some of those cones. Can't wait to get it on the loom and start weaving..........much going on the next few weeks but hoping to find some free time to get the warp wound and on the loom so I can start weaving. I usually hem baby blankets but am considering putting a satin blanket binding on since it will be so soft next to a baby's neck. Any other weavers or mother's out there have thoughts on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!