Thursday, October 8, 2009

Spinning BFL

Here's what I started spinning earlier this week - it's Blue Face Leicester in my hand-dyed Very Berry colorway. I had a small amount left (approx 3 oz) after weighing out the rest for sale so it's perfect for me to sample with. So I have enough to do something with, like knit a pair of sox, I'm going to ply it with another small length of my hand-dyed, Merino in the Violets colorway.

Yesterday was a roving dye day - 17 pounds! I dyed 13 pounds of Colonial Wool and 4 pounds of Black Blue Face Leicester. Will post a picture once completely dried and braided for sale. Tomorrow will be another dye day - another 17 pounds in Superwash Blue Face Leicester........will be touch and go on if I finish up all 17 pounds in one day again. Need to get it all done since we have a break in the weather, great days for being outside all day dyeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!