Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm back..........

I've spent the past 5 days demonstrating spinning at the fair - what a fun time although exhausting. I'd love to stay home all day today but need to get back to the fairgrounds this morning to help take down our display. This is some of the fiber I spun this week - my hand-dyed blue face leicester in the Harvest colorway. I spun a 2 ply fingering weight for socks. I think it turned out beautiful. This is one of the favorite colorways I dye - stock is currently available in the blue face leicester and a merino/tencel blend. I did some other spinning at the fair - one bobbin waiting to be plied with some thread, and then some blended colorways which I'll post when I finish up the small skeins.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Cindie. It always surprises me how the yarn looks different from the roving. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time well spent! Beautifully spun yarn, once again. i love the colorway and may need to order some from you (as if I need more to do!) This must be the season for demonstrations, I just spent the last week at two different fairs myself. Love to share the passion with the public and educate people about such an ancient art. Had a 4 yr old spinning last saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both - loved spinning this BFL. As if it wasn't enough to spin all day for the past 5 days today I've been plying a novelty yarn I spun the singles of at the fair. Love your baskets Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!