Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've been on a roll.....


I've been on a roll lately dyeing roving........today I'll finish up dyeing the Falkland and dye a bit more Blue Face Leicester then I'll be putting away the dyepots for a bit. Temps are going to be heading up around 100 - too hot for me to be working outside all day. Yesterday I started out the morning dyeing very subdued toned down colors, my favorites, but then I decided to brighten it up a bit and went nuts with the color - should be some very fun roving to spin. My new propane double burner is great - took only 5 minutes to heat up the steamers as opposed to close to an hour with the small electric burners. Should have bought it last year when I kept seeing them on sale.
After today I'm hoping to get back to weaving for a while - I have many handpainted warps in tencel, rayon and bamboo waiting to be woven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!