Wednesday, March 6, 2024

National Park hat

Our guild challenge this year is to create something fiber related based on a National Park postcard we received.  I got Isle Royale which is a Michigan island in Lake Superior.  I do have a weaving project planned and started winding the warp this afternoon.  Since I was gifted this book recently I decided I'd also knit the hat inspired by the park.  I like it.  I don't wear hats often but there are some incredible hats in this book so I will be making more for myself, my hubby and gifts. I used worsted wool that's came from the stash destined for hats for charity - I had the perfect colors. 

Sorry the picture is sideways - I took it using both orientations with my phone and both were turned. There's no rhyme or reason to why sometimes it works, sometimes not. I take several pix. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Like the hat, must try and find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the book referenced in my post - Knitting the National Parks - it's beautiful book full of great hat patterns and beautiful photos

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!