Saturday, August 22, 2020

Funky Fence

My funky fence is finished.  This is to keep Misty out of the side yard where the garden is, plum trees are and the grapes as we don't want her eating any of it and she most surely would. This is the recycled cedar decking from the old deck. All different widths, all different lengths.  Sam was hard at work with the table saw and chop saw this week and did a great job. He was having a hard time being so random but went with my idea and loves the result.  And yes, the apple tree is dropping apples, that's because I didn't thin them back in the spring. I'm starting to pick them before more fall or Misty pulls more off to play with them......she's thrilled to have a tree that grows 'balls'.  Will be making apple pie filling for the freezer and dried apples, probably some applesauce too. 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that fence!!! I've got a totally functional and unaesthetic chain link and I've toyed with various ideas to improve the look in the 5 years that I've been here, so far with no success. I have another idea that I'll attempt to see how it looks...once I can get back into thrift stores. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, I'd love to be able to do something creative with the privacy fence between yards but that's not possible - plain wood privacy fence it will remain...….because we do want that privacy. This little section of funky fence makes me happy.

      I saw, somewhere, a few years ago where someone took hula hoops and did circular weaving with rags on them and had them hanging along a chain link fence. There were even different size hula hoops which I didn't know there was. It was so colorful and cheery. I've thought about doing one of them to hang on the privacy fence.

      Delete
  2. Love the fence! And the hula hoop with woven strips idea sounds fun.

    I can picture Misty playing with her new "balls" -- fun to imagine, but not what you want, for sure. Eating the apples in some form sounds much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My *current* idea for my chain link is to get some old grandma-type lace curtains and hang them sideways-stretched on rods that will be affixed to the fence. Air and light will move through but I will get a bit of privacy and hopefully improve the aesthetics of the fence. That’s the plan, anyway. We’ll see how it works-again,if I can ever get back into a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds fun Peg, hope whenever you're able to shop the thrift stores again to find curtains that you'll post to your blog.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!