Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Dog days of summer.........

I sent this dog quilt off to family for a house warming - it arrived in MT today so I'm able to post the photo I took of it before it left......which Misty photo-bombed. I'm sorry I didn't get a close up of the fabrics I chose since they don't show up well in this photo - all aboriginal fabrics, all so interesting. The family it went to has had many mini-doxies over 40 years, even now.  This will be great to snuggle up under in front of the fire in cold MT this winter. 

Is covid wearing on anyone else.  I was doing great for so long as I love being staying home but it's now wearing me down. I'm finding I'm not very productive, I tend to fritter more time, and I don't seem to care too much about that, so unlike me.  The stress over worrying about being exposed is getting to me. I miss my friends. I miss going out to eat. I miss going to fabric/yarn shops and festivals.  Ok, those last 3 are just me whining because I can but in reality I can do without them for the time being to stay safe.  

I hope everyone else is staying safe out there and fairing well...…….


6 comments:

  1. Oh Cindie, I hear you. I'm following a similar pattern. Gobs of things to do, in a beautiful spot in the country but I miss friends, social gatherings, my daughter. I will be ready to get out, when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weinie dog quilt! Very cute quilt, I am sure you the family you sent it to will adore it. I think covid is getting to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, my family loved it although is talking about if they have the wall space in the new house they'll hang it instead of cuddling under it.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the doxie quilt! Your design?
    I’ve been much less productive than usual, and sometimes I’m good with that, sometimes not. The problem is that this is going to last a l-o-n-g time. ☹️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, the doxie quilt isn't my design. I saw it made up in a local quilt shop and bought the pattern. It was very cute all done up in doggie fabrics and quilted with dog bones and dog paws but I knew I had to do something very different and not cutesy. Aboriginal fabrics with circle quilting to go with all the circles in the fabrics. I love the fabrics and love the way it turned out.

      Delete
  4. Well. This will be my third try to leave a comment on this post. They kept suddenly disappearing or buttons not responding on my phone, so came to the laptop to try again.
    LOVE the doxie quilt! Your design?
    As for me, I am much less productive than usual. Sometimes I'm good with that, sometimes not. Can't sort out what's from age and what's from Covid. The problem is that neither is going away.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!