Thursday, April 23, 2020

A bit of wonky.....

 I've been working on the wonky stars, what fun they are to sew.....perfect for me, I don't have to be exact, I can just sew them however. I have many other colors in the works.  The purple card is the prototype as these will be our holiday cards this year...…...haven't decided if I'll put them together that way or not, will be thinking on it over the months to come. It will be great to have the piecing done ahead of time.

 Since I finished knitting the red shawl I needed something else to work on in the evenings while we watch tv. Since I'm not sure what new knitting project I want to do I pulled out my hexxies that I usually work on when riding in the car. I only have 3 more sections to stitch before I can start sewing them together.  I'll have more white hexxies to make but won't know how many until I start putting it all together.  I've still got to block the red shawl so pix will come once that happens.

A friend gave me a recipe for english muffin bread - it's really yummy, we had some this morning with butter and homemade strawberry jam.


5 comments:

  1. Love the Wonky Star card idea! How big are your hexxies? I have been watching EPP and other quilting videos on Bluprint, along with knitting classes. I decided to dig out my 30 year old Bernina and see how much longer it will work--parts haven't been available for it for several years now, but not using it because I'm afraid it will break is silly. Most of my quilting stuff is in storage, but I found a ziploc bag of 2" squares cut from scraps and started randomly sewing them together to make 4 patches. The patchwork pillow covers on the couch have worn spots and should be recovered....

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, The package of my hexxie paper pieces says they are 1 1/4" - that's measuring one long side. I guess that's how they're measured. The actual size from point to point across the hexxie is 2 1/2". I cut 3" squares of fabric to make the hexxies.

      I'm loving all the handstitching although my hands complain if I do too much of it at a time. I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it once I get them all sewn together - I know there will be white hexxies all around, maybe a regular straight border around them? Not sure yet. It's going to be a throw/afghan size.

      Oh yes, get your Bernina out and use it.

      Delete
  2. I love the wonky squares, too. I’m not a quilter and already have my cards for this year made, but these would be fun to make with scrapbook paper, too. (I don’t have any of that either, just thinking.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh these would be fun made with scrapbook paper and hang in a window! Over the years most of my cards have been handwoven but since I'm loving this quilting/piecing I've done a few years with sewn cards. I actually had a draft figured out for this year's cards but then saw wonky stars and changed my mind.

      Delete
  3. Yum! The English muffin bread looks so good! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!