Saturday, March 14, 2020

Auditioning wefts

I finished warping the loom with this super colorful warp for bumbaret towels. I've woven around 12" in samples to audition wefts. I'm still not sure which color of wefts I'll choose for the 12 towels. I'd like to choose 4 and have them coordinate with each other.  So now the question is will I go with brights or more subdued darker colors. Will think on it and revisit this tomorrow morning.

I wish everyone the best during these crazy times. I hope you have lots of cheese, chocolate and wine stockpiled to hold you over during the worst of this pandemic. If we run out of those it will really be bedlam. I've got plenty of yarn, roving and fabric to tide me over for the rest of my life so I'm good.


4 comments:

  1. Assuming the initial green is just to spread the warp & doesn’t count, if you want just four I’d go with #1, 2, 8 & 10: red, turquoise, green, & orange. Will wait to see what speakers to you. I actually like almost all the colors in the audition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg, we're thinking similar in this, I've been thinking the red and turquoise, on the fence on orange but I like it and am thinking of trying another shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the red and turquoise are great! Many of the others are nice as well. Will be interesting to see what you finally pick.

    I have cheese and chocolate! I am pondering what to spin and put on my rigid heddle loom next.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!