Saturday, October 26, 2019

Happy Fall

I love autumn, it's my favorite time of the year, it's still nice out but the air is crisp and has a bit of a chill to it...….so happy not to be sweating like during the heat of the summer.  I could skip summer - go from spring directly to fall and I'd be happy, love winter here in the northwest too, love rain although we don't get as much as we used to.

I made these pumpkins several weeks back.  I saw them in a magazine, can't say which one now as I gave the stack of them to a friend.  I made a total of 9 pumpkins, which is what I got out of one 8 ft fence post. And one 4 ft dowel was enough for all the stems. I bought orange and green outdoor craft paint.....just put one coat as I wanted the wood to show through. Found raffia in my stash and bows were made. The magazine version also had some artificial leaves at the stems, I bought a small package but then didn't like the look so squirreled them away into the bin of craft supplies.  I'm pleased with how these look on my porch, the other 3 are on the other side of the door. They would look cute with jack-o-lantern faces painted on them too but I want these to last for the entire autumn season, not just for Halloween. Will have to figure out where to store these the rest of the year.  I'm wondering if I should get a real pumpkin and carve it for trick or treaters to see......guess it will depend on if I have time or not...….

Happy Fall You'all


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!