Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Yum

Yesterday a friend came over for our occasional lunch/Netflix/knitting get together.  We were to binge watch the second half of the new season of Grace & Frankie but I had gotten Book Club movie DVD via Netflix by mail so we watched that instead. Lots of laughs. With what's going on in the world and our country it's so nice to watch something that's light and entertaining.


I made a sausage, kale & potato soup.  It's based on Zuppa Toscano at Olive Garden, my favorite soup there.  I've made this recipe several times and it's a winner - it's from The Pioneer Woman's website.  And I had enough leftovers to send some home with my friend and for our dinner tonight. It's not a heavy soup but it's also not a low-cal soup as it's loaded with whole milk, half & half and a splash of cream - but it's oh, so worth it.
 

I've seen several recipes lately for roasted chick-peas. I've had a recipe from Two Peas and their Pod's blog along with a can of chickpeas sitting on the counter for a week so I decided to make those yesterday too for us to critic and snack on. Another winner recipe. I had some Moroccan spice blend in my pantry so that's what I used on these. The entire can of them is gone as of 5 minutes ago.  Next time I make them I'll have to try a different spice blend.

Have had no time for weaving for a few days - maybe tomorrow afternoon. I really need to get back to weaving or sewing so I can settle in to listen to my current audio book which is book 5 in the Outlander series - The Fiery Cross. I'm halfway through the 47 discs.  Is anyone else hooked on Outlander?  I know the books have been out forever but it really gained popularity again when Starz started airing an original series based on the books. The 4th season recently ended, it was based on book 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you!