Saturday, January 19, 2019

Paradise lost.......

I got an email from my local ASG (American Sewing Guild) about making quilt blocks for quilters who lost homes in Paradise, CA (just down I5 from us here in Southern Oregon) in the raging fire late last year. It's being coordinated by a quilt shop that I understand was in Paradise but is now in a different town. There was a pattern included although one could make up their own house block designs as long as they were a 10 1/2" square. We were to write somewhere on them with fabric ink inspiration, our names and town. Here's what I came up with using fabrics from my stash - 4 blocks. Now I need to get my blocks to someone so they can be mailed with all the others from our area.

I was wondering why all of a sudden the birdseed in the round feeder was disappearing quickly. A squirrel has found us - I hadn't seen any in the yard until this last week. Bailey hates squirrels so this new development should be interesting once he figures out those squirrels he thought he left at the other house have sent their relatives here.

He got tired of me watching him so turned his back on me. He better watch that tail because this feeder is low enough that Bailey could reach it.


3 comments:

  1. Love your houses. And your unending generosity.

    Squirrels will be squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your houses with the messages are great! What a thoughtful project for those who may well have lost treasured quilted items, their stash, and even their sewing machines along with their homes.

    I can imagine Bailey going for that squirrel! Here in Central Florida my indoor cats object to lizards climbing the outside of their windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had lots of little lizards at our other house and Bailey loved to hunt for them out on the front porch where they liked to sunbathe.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!