Friday, March 30, 2018

Leather journals.......

In spite of being out of the studio too many days this week I did make some time for journal making. 
Here I'm auditioning a button - the final step in the making of a journal


Here they are - sorry no pictures of the insides with the lovely/creative end papers. I've got watercolor paper cut to make 6 more, then I've got leather cut for 12 more but I made a math error when ordering paper and don't have enough so more is on the way from Dick Blick. Many of these will end up for sale in my etsy shop in the not too distant future.


"Who you looking at?"  Bailey's bed behind me when I sit at the computer - he can sleep like he was doing here, before I rudely woke him up, or he can lay his head on the window sill and watch the forest critters.


6 comments:

  1. Journals are divine ! I have to say the orange and turquoise off set each other so nicely.
    Now Bailey is a whole 'nutter divine thing. Big hairy goof that he is. I'm sure not a squirrel or turkey goes un noticed in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't those colors great! I have hot pink coming up in the queue but those need end papers watercolored or stenciled.......and I know I don't have the perfect button closures so will have to shop soon.

      Delete
  2. I agree! Those journals are divine! The buttons really make a difference, too.

    I'm sure Bailey is a very helpful doggie! Especially when he is asleep....

    Hope you are enjoying nice weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journals are lovely indeed. Does the bear help Bailey hunt or sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy the bear is for carrying around and mouthing - his favorite is still his golden retriever stuffed baby, Buster, that's as big as him.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!