Sunday, October 29, 2017

Instead of doing what I should be doing............

Instead of doing what I should have been doing today I decided to cut out fabric circles for my next pancake quilt. I have a couple other sewing projects that are gifts but they are ones that I really have to read instructions and pay attention.....cutting out circles this afternoon took no brain cells. This quilt will be an afghan size just perfect for me to cuddle up under on cold winter evenings. You can see a finished pancake quilt I did earlier this year HERE.

I've been collecting gingko fabrics for a number of years now so I went through my stash. It must have taken me 2 hours to decide which fabrics - some were definite no's, blues, pinks, etc. I'm still not sure how these will look in the finished quilt but this is what I'm going with.......they are all colors that will go in our living room. These are 9" circles I cut using a rotary cutter on a spinning cutting mat, I could cut 4 thicknesses at a time -  in all 77 light circles, 77 dark circles. Next up is to cut 77 pieces of lightweight batting..........then I set it all aside and get back to holiday gifts but it's exciting to know it will be waiting for me to start sewing on whenever I'm in the mood.



4 comments:

  1. So pretty, I can hardly wait to see what this new one looks like. The last one was simply amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spinning cutting mat - sounds like a wonderful tool that I sure didn't know existed. I think your circles are beautiful, and loved that first circle quilt, so I'm sure this one will be a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics look wonderful together. Your quilt is going to be terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun project, and just in time for the cooler weather. I couldn't find an email address for you, but I wanted to tell you thank you for the kind comments you left regarding Sam. We're struggling, it was such an unexpected loss.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!