Tuesday, July 3, 2012

All in a day's work.....well, maybe that's play....

I warped up the inkle loom yesterday......
Here's the first couple inches.....
Here's all 140 inches.....ready to put the second warp on.....sorry, can't tell what this project is until after Christmas....yes, that's a long time.....actually it will be here before we know it.....
Some of my hand-dyed superwash merino I've been spinning a bit here and there, finally plied the first spindle's worth.....
Hydrangea in the yard - I don't know much about them but I think the acidity of the soil has to do with the color but here are several colors on one plant.....
I love these colors......
Life is good......

4 comments:

  1. Love the inkle band, great colors. What type of inkle loom are you working on? The dog looks so happy to be at the beach, lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Leclerc floor inkle loom - I love it. I can put a longer warp than I did on it although it gets pretty tough to move when I need to advance it to weave. I've had it for years, much easier to work on than a small table top style.

      Delete
  2. Oohhhhh, great band! The deer don't eat hydrangeas???
    Have a great 4th Cindie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love hydrangeas. I've never lived where I could grow them so I'm doubly enamored every time I see them. You could totally use those for a color pathway. Hmmmmmm?????

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!