Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fiber Update

Yes, I'm still here, I just haven't had anything much fiber related to post to the blog lately, I'm working on Christmas gifts so I can't post pictures of those until after they've been opened on Christmas Day.

Yesterday my spinning group met here at the house - very fun day. For our entertainment I had saved a dvr'd of the show Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel) of Mike Rowe out working on a sheep ranch in Colorado shearing, docking tails and castrating. It was a little barbaric but watching his reaction to performing these normal ranch duties was a kick.

A reminder to everyone that I'll be at the Pacifica Winter Arts & Crafts Festival this Saturday, Dec 6th from 10-5, if you're local please come by to visit, it's a very fun event. I'll have handwoven shawls, scarves and towels.......felted bags, belt bags and soap...........knitted items, handmade jewelry...........and for those of you that are fiber minded I'll have my hand-dyed roving and sock yarn.

As for my Etsy shop - from December 1st -25th every box of purchases that leaves the studio will include a small thank you gift as a holiday gift.