Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun with sox


We spent the past 3 days on the coast camping, had a great relaxing time. I got in some knitting and spinning on top of reading and walking. I finished up a pair of sox for Sam that have been on the needles for months - they're the blue striped ones. I hand-dyed the yarn to create the self-striping sequence, very fun process. The other pair of sox I just started using Noro sock yarn - I'll get very fun subtle stripes by alternating every 3 rows first from the inside of the ball and then the outside of the ball. To make it easier I wound the big ball into two smaller ones. I've just about finished spinning up some autumn colors on my Golding spindle - just work on that here and there - will post the pictures as soon as I've finished plying the last bit at my spinning group tomorrow.