Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm still here............




Yes, I'm still here - gotten sidetracked and haven't gotten too much fiber wise done lately........brother Chris out to visit (very fun) and just frittering time, I guess. The towel warp is still on the loom, it feels like it will never end. I've been using different wefts to vary the towels - ones I wove today I used a brown weft, like them very much. Have been doing a bit of spinning - spinning samples of newer fibers like seacell, bamboo, ingeo (corn) and latte (milk product), oh, and tencel but that's not new to me.
This weekend is OFFF - Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival in Canby, OR - will be heading up at the break of dawn Friday morning, back Sunday evening. Numerous carloads heading up from here in Southern OR - will be a fun weekend of bonding with fiber buddies from here and ones up there that I only see at festivals or conferences. BIG SHOPPING WEEKEND!
Took a great sunrise photo the other morning - I missed most of the brilliant colors just running to get the camera but it still looks awesome.