Sunday, May 3, 2020

A quick project

 I started and finished a quick project yesterday afternoon.  It's a table runner kit I bought from Jordan's Fabrics. I knew there were precision cut pieces but I still thought they were long strips that I would cut for the 4 log cabin blocks as I went. Nope, they were all cut to size - all perfect. Matt at Jordan's does such an incredible job putting these kits together.

And here it is finished, even stitch in the ditch quilted. The kit comes with everything to make 4 blocks, the borders and the backing - all I needed to provide was the batting and thread.  What a deal these kits are - yes, I paid for someone else to cut the fabric but I didn't have to buy lots of extra fabric for all these small pieces...…..fabric that would have ended up in the cabinet for a someday project, taking up valuable space in the meantime.

This runner is for a gift but I have more kits to make runners for us and also have the instructions for taking the runner kit and making 4 placemats.  So, in the near future I'll be making a runner and placemats in grays/light tans and also a runner and placemats in holiday fabric. My only problem at the moment is that I have no more batting so it's either order some online or brave JoAnn's donning mask and gloves.

If you sew/quilt and haven't checked out Jordan's please make sure you do. I am lucky that they are located right here in town, 5 minutes from me, so I can go in to shop (well, not right now) but they have a huge internet ordering presence.  And they have great youtube tutorials and many free patterns.


3 comments:

  1. At least here in NYS you can order at Joann’s online and do contactless curbside pickup. I needed to replace the rip stop nylon for the top of my arbor and this method worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping that would be the case here but no so, but they are strictly limiting the number of shoppers so I may brave it.

      Delete
  2. What a nice project! It's impressive to see ALL the pieces cut. My local Joann's does the curbside pickup, which I have done once. Here in central Florida things are starting to open up, slowly, this week (25% at restaurants, for example).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!