Sunday, November 11, 2018

Yard art......

Now that I have a small yard where yard art won't be lost like on acreage in the woods I'm picking up fun pieces. These two pieces are from Rusty Birds in Vancouver, WA - the co-owner is down here for a holiday market this weekend.
 
 I bought this cute chickadee yard stake. I've got it against the fence so I can see it from the loom room window - it's along what I'm now calling rose bush lane as all the rose bushes are along this fence

And this is a armillary - it has circles that will spin around in a breeze/wind. It's hard to see here but it sits on the edge of my future garden beds, it's really tall, much taller than I am. We got it in the ground this morning - of course there's no breeze so it's not moving right now. And yes, those raised beds are in need of soil - that will come. I'm thinking of planting strawberries in the little cubbies in the blocks, then veggies inside the beds.



6 comments:

  1. Sang, I wish I had been paying more attention! I would have loved a nuthatch of some sort, although I know exactly where I can steal a nifty armillary from now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he'll be back for the spring garden show, not sure when that is.

      Delete
  2. Dang, not sang...grumble...spell changers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little bird. Although my yard is almost always windy, an armillary like that is too big for my small space. I have something that makes me smile. Will have to take a photo and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see what you have Peg. The little birds are only around 2 ft tall including the stake. I'm really wishing I had bought more to put along the fence - but something to look forward to when the artist is back in our area again.

      Delete
  4. Great choices on your yard art! I think they add character to a yard. Those raised beds look like they will be so nice to have this spring.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!