Thursday, November 16, 2017

Why did I procrastinate for so long?

Ok, so today I used the walking foot on my sewing machine for the very first time...........and this machine is almost 11 years old. Was it the unknown? Was it not having the time to figure it out? Was it because it's so much easier to leave the machine the way it is rather than pulling out the book and reading directions? Probably a combination of all three. Yes, very silly and kind of lazy.

I pulled out the manual and walking foot because I'm working on a project that uses not only a heavy interfacing on the backside of the fabric but also a product called soft & stable which is a 1/4" foam covered by tricot on each side. I didn't want to mess up trying to quilt all of it so I pulled out the manual and the walking foot. Why did I wait so long??? I love this foot. I can seeing using it all the time for quilting projects. I used to have such problems with the top fabric feeding at a different rate than the batting and backing fabric - but no more.

And sorry, this is another one of those projects in Santa's workshop so I can't show it right now. I do have supplies at the ready to make myself one too but not sure if that will happen before the holidays or after them.



3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about using the buttonholer..snaps, so much easier and hammers are easy to use! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to pull out the manual each time I use the buttonholer, maybe if I used it more often I wouldn't have to???

      Delete
  2. I bought a walking foot for my machine about a year ago. I don't think I've taken it off once since then! The difference it makes in the quality of the sewing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!