Sunday, November 13, 2016

In mourning..........

We have been in mourning here since election night........even Bailey is down in the dumps over it. I won't say much because I could go on and on but I'm worried and very scared for our country for the first time in my life. In the past if my candidate didn't win I still had high hopes that the new president would do his best for the country and we'd be ok........I don't feel that way this time. I have fear for the hatred, bigotry and intolerance we've seen this past year and continue to see. I worry about new policies which will be detrimental to all nationally and internationally. Thumbs up to all those demonstrating but please, please, keep it civil, don't lower yourselves or give in to the hatred yourselves. And for those of you that didn't make the effort to get out and vote - shame on you. Ok, that's all I can say about that because it will give me an anxiety attack.  (note - any nasty comments, on either side, to this post will not show up on my blog - my post is not meant to open up any political discussion)

So, on to a complaint - Windows 10 - argh. Once again on my laptop (which thank goodness isn't my main computer) all my bookmarks/favorites were lost in an update last weekend. This is the 3rd time this has happened since spring, supposedly in June they fixed the glitch......not. Luckily I only use this laptop when traveling so it only has a small number of favorites and I got smart last time and made up a document with the links for them. If I had Windows 10 on my main computer I would be grouchy every single day. I hate Windows 10, there's always some snafu happening with it.

I'm trying to work on holiday gifts so nothing can be shown here on the blog yet. I'm anxious to get them finished up and move on to some new weaving.  Has anyone else found a way to get more hours in your day??? 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your fears and anxiety. It's good to know I'm not the only frightened one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel the same over here in the UK especially after Brexit. Let's hope common sense prevails eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your fears and concerns. 'Nuff said.

    I'm so glad I use a Mac! While there are occasionally issues, they are few and far between. Although I must say that I often don't like the updates on my iphone. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All we can do is hope and pray that the powers that be will keep a leash on him (although it doesn't look like they are doing such a good job so far) We've gotten through some questionable characters in the white house before, may it be so again.

    I know what you mean about keeping up your blog - sometimes it just seems like a whole lot of work for nothing - so I take a little breather, then come back in a few months or so. I do love the other bloggers that I have met over the years and they are always supportive. Good luck with your decision and just remember - "it is what it is" T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Canadian I completely understand your fears, feeling quite a few myself ~ all we can do is hope that common sense prevails.

    I bought a new laptop a few months ago and Windows 10 keeps eating my files too. I has gotten so bad that I've pulled my old CPU out of the garage and have set it up again. Not connecting it to the interned, but running Windows XP and loading up all my important files and photos....I distrust the cloud storage and dislike the need to re-purchase all my programs....Arrrgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not use the cloud storage either - nothing is safe out there and eventually those files will be hacked - I like my files on my own computer. I did not have to buy new programs - we loaded Office and my other programs onto the Windows 10 laptop with no problem. Thank goodness this laptop isn't my main computer - my desktop is Windows 7, hope it lasts for a long time. I have the weaving software on the Windows 10 in case I want to work on something while out of town but I'm still using an old Vista laptop for that all of that and running the AVL - I'm dreading the day it dies and I have to use the Windows 10 laptop.

      Delete

I love your comments - thank you!