Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Shawl on the needles....

I've just started knitting a shawl using the handspun from the blending board rolags I created.  I found this free pattern, Prism Shawl by Tanis Lavallee, on Ravelry. I want to knit something I could do while talking and visiting, something pretty mindless.  This fit the bill and it's pretty.  Random stripes of stockinette stitch, purl stitch rows and then a lace row thrown in every once in a while.  I'll decide what goes where as I'm knitting - love it. The only time I'll need to read a graph is for the border at the very end of the shawl.

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers, I really like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be lovely! Hand knit shawls are so nice to wear-I had one on the other morning and it was like getting a wool hug, all that soft wool deliciousness :-) Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you!